Friday, November 2, 2007

Singbulli Autumn Flush 2007


Finally on the evening of 27th October 2007 I was called up by the Manager of the Singbulli Tea Estate, I was excited as usual, so on the next morning I headed for the Estate, as usual I loved to drive down the road to Mirik towards Soureni bazar.

I reached the garden after a couple of hours drive from the Darjeeling town, I was getting nervous and exited as usual as I walked toward the gardens factory, soon Mr. Mantri (Manager, Singbulli tea estate Darjeeling) came out from his office to receive me and we soon marched towards the tea tasting room of the garden , I sorted out some 15 tea samples from around 25 tea samples that he offered me , soon after the water came to the boiling point we started with the china type teas ,well Singbulli being a low elevation garden has a lot of china bushes but for European market this type of tea would not work as the teas had a very strong body and somehow none of the teas we tasted had that sharp taste that I wanted , But the Singbulli Garden is famous for its AV-2 clone teas made specially at the Tingling Division of the garden ,this is the same sector from where the most famous Singbulli Clonal delight was made in the first flush, of coarse exclusively for us. Well soon after that we came to the point of tasting the clonal teas, we started with the “Marma” divison clones but those were too harsh for my tongue so at last we came to the Tingling division teas we tasted a couple of samples, soon I was attracted by one of the teas which was absolutely like what I wanted, actually as I have mentioned earlier that this garden is situated at a low altitude place so the teas produced here after summer is a bit stronger than usual Darjeelings but if one can increase the withering time then the liquor would be more bright and the taste would be sharper and the dry leafs would also be greener and the silver tips would look prominent, in short a completely new and acceptable character could be created, this is what I had requested the Manger to do and what a joy my prediction worked , my recipe made the best tea of the lot, so without any more further doubt I confirmed the last tea that I tasted from Tingling Division.



I specially brought this tea for my beloved customers who appreciated the first flush Singbulli Clonal delight silver tips. This new autumn tea is Know as the Singbulli SFTGFOP-1 Tippy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Rajiv you have a great selection,spceially seeing your hard work for getting the best from not only different gardens but from different sub-divisions of different gardens gives us a new reason to order teas from you,keep the good work son! all the best